Are you ready to realise cycling exercise benefits? Learn more below about Cycle 2 Health, a new scheme to help unleash the cycling exercise benefits you’ve been looking for.
What is Cycle 2 Health?
Cycle 2 Health is a programme with the goal of getting people healthier through cycling. There will be a referral of clients as part of their BEATs programme. In turn, this will encourage an increase in physical activity, using bicycles as either a form of transport or as a leisure pursuit.
Who is it for?
Cycle 2 Health is for any client accessing the BEATs referral programme who is termed as low risk due to their health status. Moreover, where regular physical activity would improve their health.
Where can I access it?
Cycle 2 Health is accessible through the BEATs team based at Radcliffe Health Centre. From here, specialists can refer you to the Cycle 2 Health programme.
How long do the cycling exercise benefits from this programme last?
You will receive a referral from the BEATs ERO to attend the Cycle 2 Health programme, which lasts for 10 weeks.
- Week 1 Introduction: You will be introduced to the staff from the Nationwide Cycle Academy (NCA) who is (are) based at Outwood Country Park in Radcliffe.
- Next, you will receive your bicycle, which you will keep for 10 weeks.
- Then, you will receive a helmet, lock, and lights.
- After this, you will be able to test (ride) your bike, have it fitted to your height and cover some basic cycle skills.
- Perhaps you’ll want/need additional instruction, which can be provided by NCA.
- Then, you will be required to complete your daily activity diary supplied by the BEATs ERO.
- You will be able to join in with other new members.
- You will receive 2 (you can participate in two organised rides and advice sessions with NCA staff, arranged for week 5 and week 9).
- Bicycles are required to be returned at week 10.
- Upon successful completion of the 10-week programme, you will receive a £50 voucher to purchase high quality, refurbished bicycle from NCA.
Do I need special clothing or equipment to realise these cycling exercise benefits?
No – safety equipment such as a helmet will be provided which is yours to keep
So: Will it cost me anything?
Not a penny – in fact, the only price is regular participation to increase your activity levels
What happens following the 10 weeks?
You will have the opportunity to purchase a bicycle and continue to use it for leisure and active travel. As a result of these 10 weeks, we hope to form a social riding group. One which you will be able to access and ride in a safe environment with friends.Find out about Cycle 2 Health