Experienced NCA mechanics will present the training on the day. Our staff are fully insured and qualified.
What is the course all about?
Our Intermediate Cycle Maintenance course is the next stage up from Basic.
Tea, coffee provided and a break for lunch (participants are required to provide their own lunch). Bring along your own bike or work on one of ours. Please wear suitable clothing as some bikes can be mucky!
NCA will provide workstands, tools and equipment, spares for 6 trainees, plus course ‘hand-outs’ and information as appropriate.
Additional equipment and Instructors are available for larger groups, with advanced notice. All for only £25.
Training will cover elements such as:
- Brake adjustment. Inspection/fitting inner and outer cables – lubricating
- Gear adjustment/indexing. How a derailleur works. Inspection/fitting of cables – lubricating
- Chains – Lubrication/Inspection/ break and re-join
- Adjusting hub bearings
- Bottom bracket and headset inspection/adjustment
- Recommendations for routine servicing
- How to identify an out of true wheel
FORTHCOMING EVENTS BELOW
CLICK ON THE DATES TO BE TAKEN TO EVENTBRITE