Experienced NCA mechanics will present the training on the day. Our staff are fully insured and qualified.
What is the course all about?
Our Basic Cycle Maintenance starter course gives you the knowledge to keep your bike on the road and make sure it’s safe to ride.
The course is hands-on so you get the chance to work on a cycle during the session – it’s best if you bring your own bike along but let us know if you’d like us to provide one.
The course lasts around two hours and our Instructor will cover:
- What the parts of your bike are – and what they do
- Things you should check before each ride
- Simple adjustments you can make without using tools
- What tools you might need and how to use them
- How to adjust the brakes and gears to make sure they work smoothly and safely
- Making sure the saddle, handlebars, brake levers are adjusted for comfortable riding
- How to mend punctures
- Emergency repairs and useful things to have with you
We’ll provide all the tools you need for the course. Bikes can be dirty so we suggest you wear old clothes.
Courses are arranged in small, friendly groups of six participants at a time. Our tutors are experienced cyclists and mechanics.
These cycle maintenance sessions are aimed at beginners, although they can be bespoke to the group and are arranged at a pace to suit the abilities of the group.
FORTHCOMING BASIC CYCLE MAINTENANCE EVENTS BELOW
CLICK ON THE DATES TO BE TAKEN TO EVENTBRITE